1. Sit up straight. You’ll burn at least ten percent more calories sitting upright than reclining.
2. Eat slowly. Put your fork down between each bite. If you’re right-handed, try eating with your left, or vice-versa. You’ll eat a lot less this way.
3. If you are going to eat dinner, have a snack 20 minutes before. The secret is to eat foods with “good fat” such as nuts or avocado slices. It takes 20 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain that you’re satisfied.
4. If you’re feeling super starved, eat a handful of popcorn. Air-pop it and eat it slowly. Do not use butter or salt. This will help fill you up, while only setting you back about 30 calories.
5. Keep a food journal or diary. Writing down what you eat and the calories can really encourage you to eat less. Look at it often and frequently. You don’t realize how many calories you consume in a day until you are forced to look at it – it will make you sick
6. Throw away all clothes that are too big for you – don’t keep them for “just in case”.
7. Put a mirror in front of your refrigerator or pantry, see if you’ll be able to pig out then.