7.31.2011

CFDA Noise: The Great Steven Kolb Upgrades-Here's What He Has To Say...

 Let's just say a little bit behind on this major moment but then again better late than never, this is too great! @StevenKolb becomes CFDA's CEO.


"Last night, the CFDA and W magazine hosted the first Monday Movie Night at Bar Basque with a screening of Pedro Almodovar's classic Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown. The film was shown on the Big Screen Plaza's 30ft x 16ft LED screen directly across from the terrace, and brought out Yigal Azrouel, Nicole Miller, Nanette Lepore, Rag and Bone's Marcus Wainwright and David Neville and Monique Pean. Chic caught up with the always lovely and freshly promoted CFDA CEO Steven Kolb to get the skinny on what his new title entails. 

Congratulations on your recent promotion. How did this come about?
I’ve been at the CFDA for five years as the executive director, and when you look at the importance of the organization, and how much it’s done over the last five years with Diane (Von Furstenberg) and I, it just felt a good time to elevate the position. It was an opportunity to bring the title equal to the job.  

Any differences in the new role?
I do the same job. I’m the person who runs the CFDA. Diane is the president, and she and the board are ultimately the boss, but it’s really the same job I had before.

Any changes in your lunch schedule? 
Lunch is different every day.  I’m not a big lunch meeting person. I get up every morning at 4:30 a.m., so I’d rather do a breakfast meeting, because once you leave the office, you can easily get derailed from focusing on what you need to do.  Mostly, I grab a quick bite to eat and sit at my desk and work."



Photo love: fashionista
Interview love: Fashion Week Daily

No comments: