1. Does NYC Blonde have a name/nickname:
She does. But you can call me “Blondie”.
2. Age: 23
3. Years blogging/Tweeting: 1.5ish?
4. Describe your style in three words:
Contemporary, refined, bohemian
5. What does a day in NYC Blonde’s shoes consist of? Monday through Friday, I work in product development for handbags and small leather goods for a major fashion brand. Weekends I’m usually styling women at a boutique on the Upper East Side. I work between 55-60 hours a week. Then it’s the typical gym, dinner and occasional nightlife debauchery.
6. What was the inspiration for creating NYC Blonde? Stumbling upon comedy based accounts and finding that they were funny and relatable but I was just as funny. I really only keep my identity private to protect my career.
7. What has been your favorite moment that you have experienced through NYC Blonde?
I love when I receive emails from girls telling me I’m inspirational. Cause I’m all like, “Bitch I’m hilarious not inspirational”. And the time Audi tweeted me.
8. What did you dress up as for this Halloween? Hurricane Sandy deterred my Halloween plans but last year I was the Statue of Liberty. Thus my twitter avi. (I don’t just walk around wearing that.)
9. Your favorite items in your closet right now are:
My Rachel Roy calf-hair loafers, Comptoir des Cotonniers pleated dress shorts and anything cashmere.
10. Your favorite local spots in NYC?
Too too too many to name. Madam Geneva is always a fun place to start the night. If you’re willing to venture to the Upper West Side on a weekend, Calle Ocho has a fantastic sangria bar during brunch.
11. Who are your top 5 favorite fashion blogs/ tweeps to follow?
Honestlywtf.com, Danielle Bernstein of WeWoreWhat.com, Aimee Song- Song of Style, StyleStalker, Cupcakes and Cashmere. I like fashion blogs that offer something other than just pictures of their outfits every day.
12. What is something that your readers don’t know about you?
A lot. But mostly that I’m a seemingly normal person.
13. What fashion advice do you have for all troubled NYC blondes out there that follow you?
Dress every day like you’re going to get murdered in those clothes.
14. How did you prepare for Hurricane Sandy?
I fared well compared to some.
15. What is something that your readers don’t know about you?
I read every tweet @mention.
16. Do you have any advice for aspiring bloggers?
I know blogging is a good outlet for self-expression but try to remember that people are looking for something more relatable. I’m sure you’re great but what sets your blog apart? Is it your stellar pictures? Or funny gifs? Do you offer fun DIYS or great advice?
17. What should we look forward to in the future for NYC Blonde? Sarcasm and hopefully a little more time to build www.newyorkcityblonde.com
For more madness follow @NYC_Blonde on the daily!