"I like to make people think. I like to tell a story. I don't really care about what I wore down the street any given day, that has no story to it."
As this Friday's Finest we needed a blogger who stood out from all the rest, which could only mean it had to be New York based fashion blogger Rachel Lynch of I Hate Blonde. From her eccentric style, to the wicked editorials taking over her blog, she's one to keep an eye on. And with New York Fashion Week just around the corner we wanted to catch up a little with the one and only golden child to see what life consists of these busy days.
- Age: 22
- What was the inspiration behind I Hate Blonde, and how did you come up with the name? I came up with it during a lab in my bio class.
- What do you think sets your blog apart from all the rest? I have fun and write my own alien rules.
- What are some of your inspirations and muses behind your sense of style? My muses are aliens, jesus and Angelina Jolie.
- The content on your blog is really inspirational and different than the conventional posts, what's the story behind it? I like to make people think. I like to tell a story. I don't really care about what I wore down the street any given day, that has no story to it.
- Something that your readers don't know about you: I'm Catholic
- Hobbies aside from blogging? Blogging has taken up most of my time, but I do really enjoy running. I'd probably be competing if I wasn't blogging.
- Most memorable moment in your blogging career has been: When I was in Women's Wear Daily and German Vogue on the same day, DUH ~ lol
- Currently on your list of New York Fashion Week adventures: My list of adventures includes running around Brooklyn in crazy glitter platforms taking pictures and causing as much trouble as I possibly can...
- If you could live in another era, when would it be and why? Maybe in the 50's, that shit was #chic
- Up and coming for you and your blog: I'm doing a ton of big brand collabs + always keeping it fresh with my wild editorials.. things will probably get next level with all these new platforms I just got in the mail, literally.